The Council of the School of Humanities and Sciences serves as a strategic advisory group for the leadership of H&S. The dean articulates the school’s vision and goals and reports on progress at council meetings twice a year.
Established in 1982, the council provides a forum for the dean to discuss the school’s vision with an informed group of outside supporters who contribute non-academic experiences and points of view. Members come from the business, civic, arts, philanthropic, and academic communities and bring special expertise and interest in areas of priority for the leadership of H&S. The dean relies on the council’s support for the school’s highest priorities.
The council consists of two dozen members who serve three-year terms. Current members:
- Mohammed Badi, ’97, MS ’99, PhD ’04, Chief Strategy Officer, American Express
- Anne T. Bass, MLA ’07, President, Anne T. and Robert M. Bass Foundation
- Priyanka Goel Chandrasekar, ’07, Partner, Goel Family Ventures and Chief Financial Officer, QuanticMind
- Annette Cholon, ’88, MD ’93, Sculptor
- Ina Coleman, ’81, Organizational Development Consultant, Sirenia Partners
- Susan Ford Dorsey, President, Sand Hill Foundation
- Michelle Douglas, Corporate Attorney and Community Volunteer
- Natalie Fair, ’00, MBA ’06, CEO and Founder, Hokulea Coaching
- Sakurako D. Fisher, ’82, Civic Volunteer
- Molly Forstall, ’91, JD ’94, Community Volunteer and Activist
- Chad Hagle, ’98, CEO, Aventine Development Corporation
- Charles Hudson III, ’00, MBA ’05, Founder and Managing Partner, Precursor Ventures
- Pilar Johnson, ’89, JD ’94, Assistant General Counsel, WarnerMedia News & Sports
- John Kleinheinz, ’84, Founder and President, Kleinheinz Capital Partners, Inc.
- Jeff Marks, PhD ’86, President, Lam Research Capital
- Deryck C. Maughan, MS ’78, Director and Chairman, Risk Committee of BlackRock, Inc.
- Andrew Messing, ’85, President, Tower Asset Group
- Jonathan Moy, ’05, Managing Director, Cathexis Investment Management
- Susan Oberndorf, ’78, President, Oberndorf Foundation
- Katheryn (Kitty) Patterson, ’74, Civic Volunteer
- Stephen Pierce, ’84, Advisory Director, Goldman Sachs Group
- Shari Sapp, Community Volunteer
- Srinija Srinivasan, ’93, Co-Founder, Loove Music
- Jorge Tapias, ’94, Vice President of Development, Rev.com
- Dana Ugwonali, ’94, President, Black Angel Tech Foundation
- Kevin C. Wells, ’84, MS ’85, MBA ’90, Executive Director, Stanford Institute for Theoretical Physics
- Steven J. Wisch, ’83, Managing Partner of El Dorado Partners, LLC, Chair of H&S Council