The School of Humanities and Sciences has created this web page to assist H&S faculty, staff, and students with changes to guidelines and policies due to COVID-19 (also called novel coronavirus).
If you have local questions about issues regarding COVID-19, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The situation is evolving quickly, and this web page will be updated regularly. If you think something should be added to this page, email email@example.com.
- Cardinal Recovery is for Stanford University faculty, staff, members of the research community, and student workers preparing to return to campus.
- On-site Role Management System (ORMS): Overview
- ORMS Job Aids
Research and Research Administration
- Updated guidance for researchers in laboratories (March 17, 2020)
- Guidance for Summer 2020 Research and Learning Opportunities (April 9, 2020)
- Current status of library services (June 17, 2020)
- FAQs for For Researchers & Research Administrators
- Information and Resources for Sponsored Research Projects
- Academic Year 2020-21 Planning (June 30, 2020)
- Risk Assessment Review of Supply Kits for Stanford Online Courses AY20-21 (June 30, 2020)
- CTL teaching support for upcoming academic year 2020-2021 (June 30, 2020)
- Risk Assessment Review of Supply Kits for Stanford Online Courses AY 20-21 (June 23, 2020)
- Return to Classrooms (June 23, 2020)
- Teach Anywhere
- Remote Teaching and the Honor Code: Tips for Faculty and Teaching Assistants
- Exception to teach on-campus during COVID-19 (March 26, 2020)
- Revised Academic Calendar, 2019-20
Students and Parents
- International Graduate Students: Matriculation, Enrollment and Funding Updates (information for faculty and staff, July 7, 2020)
- Immigration Issues and Resources
- Exception to travel: Complete this H&S form if you need to make a request for an exception to international travel. Please be aware that per university policy (March 4) there are no travel exceptions for undergraduates. If you do undertake such travel, there is a chance that there may be a 14-day self-isolation requirement upon return.
- For Stanford Travelers
- Register a Trip: Register international and domestic travel, both Stanford-sponsored and personal.
- See H&S guidelines for travel exception requests.
- Temporary Telecommuting Agreement
- Postdoc Telecommuting Agreement
- Resources for Telecommuting and Remote Work
- Approval of Out-Of-State Employee
- Home Internet Services Reimbursement
- Manager Guide: Leading through COVID-19. (Download PDF.)
- Managing virtual teams
- Discussion guide for team and 1:1 meetings
- Emergency Essential Functions and Emergency Non-Essential Functions
- Request to Post Position--Covid 19
- Talent Acquisition Interim Policies for Regular Benefits Eligible Staff
- Zoom Recording of Advanced Zoom Training
- Collaboration Tools: System Status
- How to Access Applications and Services Faster When You Work from Home
Parking and Transportation
Effective Monday, July 13, 2020, Blend @ Annette’s Café (Science Quad) will re-open on Mondays and Tuesdays
Ikes @ McMurtry Building (Art and Art History) is no longer at Stanford.