The School of Humanities and Sciences has created this web page to assist H&S faculty, staff, and students with changes to guidelines and policies due to COVID-19 (also called novel coronavirus).
If you have local questions about issues regarding COVID-19, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The situation is evolving quickly, and this web page will be updated regularly. If you think something should be added to this page, email email@example.com.
Effective Monday March 16, 2020, all H&S cafès will be closed until further notice:
- Ikes @ McMurtry Building (Art and Art History)
- Blend @ Annette’s Café (Science Quad)
Research and Teaching
- Exception to teach on-campus during COVID-19 (March 26, 2020)
- Updated guidance for researchers in laboratories (March 17, 2020)
- Teach Anywhere: Spring Quarter classes are now online
- Instructor Teach Anywhere FAQs
- Updated hours for university libraries, March 16, 2020.
Students and Parents
- Exception to travel: Complete this H&S form if you need to make a request for an exception to international travel. Please be aware that per university policy (March 4) there are no travel exceptions for undergraduates. If you do undertake such travel, there is a chance that there may be a 14-day self-isolation requirement upon return.
- Register a Trip: Register international and domestic travel, both Stanford-sponsored and personal.
- See H&S guidelines for travel exception requests.
- Temporary Telecommuting Agreement
- Postdoc Telecommuting Agreement
- Resources for Telecommuting and Remote Work
- Approval of Out-Of-State Employee
- Home Internet Services Reimbursement
- Manager Guide: Leading through COVID-19. (Download PDF.)
- Managing virtual teams
- Discussion guide for team and 1:1 meetings
- Emergency Essential Functions and Emergency Non-Essential Functions
- Request to Post Position--Covid 19
- Talent Acquisition Interim Policies for Regular Benefits Eligible Staff
- Zoom Recording of Zoom Jabber Slack Training
- Zoom Recording of Advanced Zoom Training
- Collaboration Tools: System Status
- How to Access Applications and Services Faster When You Work from Home