The School of Humanities and Sciences has created this web page to assist H&S faculty, staff, and students with changes to guidelines and policies due to COVID-19. This web page includes links to helpful resources that are relevant to H&S faculty, students, and staff.
If you have local questions about issues regarding COVID-19, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The situation is evolving quickly, and this web page will be updated regularly. If you think something should be added to this page, email email@example.com
To reduce the transmission of the novel coronavirus, both indoor and outdoor gatherings are currently prohibited at Stanford.
- Cardinal Recovery is for Stanford University faculty, staff, members of the research community, and student workers preparing to return to campus.
- Health Check Poster (November 10, 2020)
- Job Aid: Procurement of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) (October 16, 2020)
- PPE Request Form (October 16, 2020)
- Exceptions Process Decision Tree: review these decision trees before submitting Exception Request (November 23, 2020)
- Exception Request: Use this form to request an exception for on-campus teaching; university-sponsored travel; department return to campus plan submission; faculty or staff office use; or temporary employment outside of the U.S. Note: Filling out this form does not constitute automatic approval for exception requests. Please wait to learn if exception request has received approval for on-campus teaching, university-sponsored travel, faculty or staff office use, or temporary employment outside of the U.S. (July 16, 2020)
Research and Research Administration
- Planning for Fall Quarter (July 1, 2021)
- Academic Planning 2021-22 (June 3, 2021)
- Academic Calendar 2021-22
- Class Meeting Patterns 2021-22
- Class Meetings Patterns Grid 2021-22
- Policy and Procedures for Course Kits for Academic Year 2020-2021 (August 27, 2020)
- Course Kit Approval Request (August 27, 2020)
- Teach Anywhere
- Teaching Commons
- Academic Calendar, 2020-21
Student and Postdoc Funding and Research
- Visiting Student Researchers (VSR) and Non-Matriculated Student Request Form (July 1, 2021)
- Policies and Guidelines for Paying Graduate Students Abroad and Outside CA in 2021-22 (June 23, 2021)
- Temporary Employment Outside of the U.S. by Affiliation (June 23, 2021)
- Funding for COVID-19 Delays
- H&S Approval Request for a Postdoc Outside the U.S.: Form to request approval for postdoc appointments outside the U.S. (March 7, 2021)
- Decision Tree--Funding Student Research (March 7, 2021)
- Decision Tree--Out-of-Residence Postdoc (March 7, 2021)
- Decision Tree--Out-of-Residence Graduate Student (March 7, 2021)
- Undergraduate Research On-Campus Policy (September 8, 2020)
- Funding Graduate Students Temporarily Enrolled Outside of the U.S. FAQs (November 16, 2020)
- Assistantships for Students Located Outside the U.S.: Form for exception requests and notifications for students on assistantships located outside the U.S. (August 18, 2020)
- H&S I-9 Submission Appointment Request (February 22, 2021)
- I-9 Workflow: new incoming undergraduate, graduate student or postdoc (October 7, 2020)
- Temporary Telecommuting Agreement
- Postdoc Telecommuting Agreement (November 18, 2020)
- Position Approval, Hire and Modification Requests (November 4, 2020)
- Resources for Telecommuting and Remote Work
- Approval of Out-Of-State Employee (September 9, 2020)
- Home Internet Services Reimbursement
- Additional COVID-19 HR Resources
- How to Add a Zoom Password to an Existing Meeting
- Zoom Recording of Zoom Jabber Slack Training
- Zoom Recording of Advanced Zoom Training
- Collaboration Tools: System Status
- How to Access Applications and Services Faster When You Work from Home
- Effective July 9, 2021, Blend @ Annette's Café will be open Monday through Friday, 11 am to 2 pm.
- Ikes @ McMurtry Building (Art and Art History) is no longer at Stanford.